Monday, February 23, 2009

GOOD OLE' GEORGE - PT 2

I have started feeling guilty giving poor ole’ George such a bad rap. After all, he was not responsible for putting his own face on the first $1 note in 1869. However, the symbolism still remains in tact. He is a founding father of this country and the first president. In the April 2009 American History magazine, an article by John Steele Gordon blames Thomas Jefferson for our banking system and our current financial crisis. Facts aside, let me get back to my point; legacy.
What is your legacy? What is your face plastered on for loved ones? We all have admirable qualities but focus on the qualities we are not proud of. While we are still living and breathing, what can we change about ourselves to leave a better legacy? Recently, I have noticed telling my children sorry for speaking unkind. I want to be a loving mother who speaks kindly. I want my children to exude love also; therefore I need to be a role model. I want to leave a legacy of love.

No comments: