Friday, December 12, 2008

WHATEVER HE SAYS TO YOU, DO IT!

I didn't sleep well last night and when I woke up this morning, I didn't feel well. I will skip all the gory details but suffice it to say that I made a few trips to the bathroom. My husband helped me by taking my daughter to preschool and I quietly and gratefully slipped back into bed. Oh, how I love to slip back into bed; into sheets that are still warm from the night's sleep. What can I say, its a simple indulgent pleasure that I have but only indulge in occassionally. My dilemma this morning was a brunch to attend in an hour. Do I call and say I'm not feeling well and can't make it or buck up and go but risk possibly fleeing the room for a bathroom visit? The thought of staying home curled up in my warm bed for a few hours while my children were still at school was very tempting. At the same time, I had made a committment to friends and wanted to follow through. So, I inquired of the Lord. After He answered, I said "but, Looord," don't you know I don't feel well. How embarrassing it would be to go and spend more time in the bathroom. So, I inquired of the Lord again, and again, and again. I asked the Lord what I should do about a dozen times in a dozen different ways. Finally, I surrendered and said, "okay Lord I will go, I trust you but I wonder about you sometimes." So I went and thoroughly enjoyed myself catching up with friends I hadn't seen in a while. It was a blessing to boast about the Lord with ladies who love him as much as I do.
I am reminded yet again that God knows better than I. He knows better what I need and what is best for me. I am thankful I obeyed Him today and I felt great the rest of the day. It makes me wonder if I had listened to my own whining instead, might I still be in bed not feeling well. In John 2:5, Mary the mother of Jesus says to the servants, Whatever He says to you, do it. Today, he told me to go and I did it. We can never go wrong when we listen and obey the One who knows all.
What about you? Do you inquire of the Lord and do you obey? The One who created you and loves you wants what is best for you. He delights in you. Will you talk to Him and trust Him today? Whatever He says to you, do it.
Blessings,
Theresa

3 comments:

k said...

Theresa,
I am blessed by your wisdom and your words, and, I am blessed to know you:)

Anonymous said...

Theresa, I enjoy your blogs. Keep up the posting! Peg

Anonymous said...

Theresa,
I can definitely relate to this! It helps to know others are experiencing the same feelings & questioning in their lives. You are a blessing to me & many others. Continue to write & let your light shine for Him!
Love & Prayers, Deborah Mc :) XX